Embark on a Tantalizing Gastronomic Expedition: Unleashing the Global Essence with The Tapas Sauces, Mina Moroccan Food, Roots Sweet Potatoes, and Cockeyed Farms
Summer is here in Louisiana, and that means it’s time to break out the grill and try some new styles of cuisines from around the world. For Acquistapace’s picks this month, we’re focusing on traditional Spanish and Moroccan favorites from The Tapas House and Mina Moroccan, as well as North Carolina sweet potatoes from ROOTS and local favorite Cockeyed Farms elderberry products.
At Acquistapace’s in Covington, LA, we offer the finest grocery products in the area, including fresh produce, high-quality meats, sustainable seafood, and more. Check out this month’s recommendations for new flavors to try during your summer grilling adventures.
The Tapas Sauces From Spain
Produced by Montealbor Alimentación S.A. in Seville, Spain, The Tapas Sauces bring traditional Tapas House sauces to your table with easy-to-pronounce ingredients and simple but intriguing flavors.
The Tapas Sauces has over 50 years of experience producing delicious jarred sauces that fans enjoy around the world. Try one of the delectable flavors we carry, including:
- Salsa Chimichurri, made with sweet red bell pepper, spicy chilis, olive oil, vinegar, and herbs, is delicious on grilled meats and fish.
- Salsa Alioli, made with oil, garlic, and herbs with a creamy vegan base, is perfect for arroz banda.
- Salsa Brava, made with tomatoes, pepper, and chilis in a tasty sauce, is popular in patatas bravas.
Mina Moroccan Food
Mina grew up in Casablanca, learning the beauty of Moroccan food from a neighbor. In the 1960s, Mina moved to Paris to learn more about cooking before moving again to New York City and opening a catering company. Mina’s food attracted clientele from all over the city.
In 2010, Mina’s children decided to bottle Mina’s beloved recipes, starting with her harissa sauce and expanding to cooking sauces, preserved lemons, oils, and other essential Moroccan food staples.
At Acquistapace’s, we carry an assortment of Mina’s products, including:
- Mild harissa offers a taste of traditional Moroccan flavor with just enough chili pepper to make it authentic. Made from red bell pepper, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic, this sauce is a delicious condiment, dip, or spread.
- Spicy harissa contains more spicy chili pepper than red bell pepper, kicking it up a notch for fans of hotter dishes. Harissa is fantastic on chicken, seafood, eggs, vegetables, and more.
- Chicken tagine cooking sauce combines flavors of ginger, saffron, turmeric, garlic, and lemon for a fragrant and delicious sauce to pair with chicken, preserved lemons, vegetables, and couscous.
- Shakshuka sauce offers a well-seasoned and delicious tomato sauce traditionally used to cook eggs, but it is also a wonderful sauce to go with nearly any dish.
- Preserved lemons are a briny staple of Moroccan cooking, particularly in tagines.
Roots Sweet Potatoes
Roots sweet potato products are produced sustainably from Covington variety sweet potatoes grown, farmed, cooked, and packaged in North Carolina. Roots is Upcycle Certified and produces its products in both organic and conventional varieties. All Roots products are allergy-free, gluten-free, vegan, Kosher, Halal, and non-GMO.
We proudly carry Roots products in our freezer section, including:
- Sweet potato fries
- Sweet potato croutons
- Sweet potato toast
Cockeyed Farms Elderberry Products
Based in Folsom, LA, Cockeyed Farms produces elderberry, blueberry, and honey products from their family-owned farm. The family uses sustainable practices to produce their delicious juices and honey and proudly partners with the Louisiana Grazing Lands Coalition and National Resources Conservation Service to host veteran support and transition events and training.
At Acquistapace, we proudly carry Cockeyed Farms products, including:
- American Elderberry Simple Syrup
- American ElderBlue Juice
- Cockeyed Farms Raw Honey
- Creamed Honey
- American Elderberry Creamed Honey
- Blueberry Creamed Honey
Try These Delicious Products at Acquistapace’s This Summer
Whether breaking in your new clay tagine dish on the grill or trying your hand at making homemade tapas, get the best in high-quality grocery products and customer service at our store. Visit us at Acquistapace’s in Covington, LA, to try The Tapas House Sauces, Mina Moroccan products, Roots sweet potatoes, or Cockeyed Farms elderberry products.