Acquistapace’s offers a wide variety of Cheese
Your basic cheddar cheese – sure, we got it!
A more exotic cheese, such as halloumi … we got that too!
When it comes to cheese, you’ll find it at Acquistapace’s in Covington and Mandeville.
That’s because American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professionals Erik and Haley Acquistapace make sure both locations feature the largest selection of cheeses on the Northshore and the finest cheeses the world has to offer.
From artisanal and farmhouse cheeses to major brands, we carry more than 450 varieties. Even with that broad selection, we are happy to special order a cheese if you don’t find what you’re looking for at our two Northshore locations.
And since we also offer charcuterie, crackers, breads, spreads and more, Acquistapace’s is your one-stop shop when you want to create the perfect cheese tray.
An Ever-Changing Selection
We search the globe for the highest quality cheeses to share with our customers. You never know what new discoveries you’ll find.
From goat to sheep to cow to buffalo, Acquistapace’s cheese selection is second to none.
So, stop by and pick up your favorite or try something new! We always have a variety of cheese samples available in both our stores.
Among cheeses we carry are:
- Fresh cheeses such as goat cheese, fresh mozzarella, ricotta, feta and cream cheese.
- Soft cheese such as brie and camembert are great for spreading on crackers or bread. These cheeses don’t have rinds and are quite versatile.
- Semi-soft cheeses such as gouda, provolone, Havarti and jack cheese are great for adding to a cheese tray, or they make a tasty grilled cheese sandwich!
- Semi-hard cheeses include the ever-popular cheddar as well as tasty favorites such as Edam and Gruyère.
- Hard cheeses such as Parmigiano-Reggiano, aged asiago and mimolette can be grated on salads and pastas and always make welcomed additions to cheese trays.
- Blue cheese is pungent, delicious and likely to bring about differences of opinion. Love it or hate it, blue cheeses such as Maytag Blue or Stilton are very popular selections.
We’re Certified Cheese Professionals
Erik and Haley Acquistapace are among only a handful of American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professionals in the state of Louisiana. The certification means the Acquistapaces have demonstrated a mastery of cheese and the best practices within the industry and have passed a comprehensive written exam and renewal process.
Have a cheese-related question or looking for something specific? Please give us a call, and we’ll be glad to help!